Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday

So much for consistency in posting - oh well. Luckily, today is Thursday, and therefore merits a little thankfulness. Which I need. So let's do this with some pictures, okay?

1. I'm thankful for my first niece! Odessa was born the day after my birthday, and is a sweet, beautiful girl. I'm already plotting ways to steal her away and do fun things with her as she grows up. I love being an Aunt!

On that note I SUPPOSE I should document in here somewhere that I turned 30 since my last blog post (yay?), and never ever have I felt so confident and ready to be my age. I didn't do anything particularly big that day, but in general I felt entirely loved and ridiculously happy. #IsThis30?

2. I'm thankful for our newest addition! I know we're crazy...but we got another puppy. Two Sundays ago we drove to Napa to pick up Daley's cousin from a new litter, and we instantly fell in love. Abby is already so different than Daley - mellow and lovey, and even fell asleep  like this on the way home in Nolan's lap.  

And Daley LOVES her. She is his newest obsession, and he spends a lot of time either wrestling her to the ground, licking her ears, or cuddling with her on their futon. Super cuteness. 

Milo, on the other hand, has been somewhat irate since she arrived. He'll get over it.


3. I'm thankful for Nolan's new bike! We used to love exploring new places on the motorcycle and driving windy roads for a day trip to some beautiful place. It's been a few years, and I'm super excited to do that again! Even though the maiden voyage was a somewhat hot and sweaty freeway experience.



4. I'm thankful for good friends. Even though I know my friends are keepers, it's still nice to realise how awesome they are. I've been so deeply grateful and warmly surprised at how truly incredible my people are.


5. I'm thankful for my job/flexibility. This one is tough, and I don't have a picture for it unless you desperately want to see a picture of the rings under my eyes. I've been working roughly 8am- 2am every day for the last couple of weeks (with of course, some small breaks!), and it's been wearing on me...but I know that it's temporary, and only strikes a few times a year. And it balances out with the fact that my commute is 30 seconds long and I get to be here watching my pets during the day while I work. Also, I really love what I do, and I genuinely believe that I'm doing something meaningful. So for that, it's totally worth it.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: