Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I feel a little bit like the walking dead right now. I haven't been any sort of sick (not really) in literally years, and here I am with a nasty sore throat and feeling like I have a cloud settled on my  head. I was driving to work this morning and realizing that I barely knew where I was or how I got there. Scary. Then I was wandering down Market street to get my coffee, and feeling like lifting my feet to take steps was the most wearisome thing. So I'm thinking about heading home early to rest - depending on how the day goes. Anyway, let's focus on the positives, shall we?

1. I'm thankful for good friends. I've had a lot of good quality time with dear friends lately, and I feel full to the brim. 
2. I'm thankful for general good health. Once that is threatened, you realize just how fortunate you are to not be worse off.
3. I'm thankful for vacation in 1.5 weeks! Woohoo!!! We're down to the wire with planning and booking things, and I am so excited to have concentrated non-working, adventuring time with my best friend and lover.
4. I'm thankful for fun events! We've been busy lately checking off things from our bucket list, and it's been awesome. This Saturday is the SF Streetfood Festival (and then an ice-cream cookie sandwich and game night with friends!), Sunday is Alcatraz for the boys while us girls have a nice long walk along the Bay, and then a picnic in Stern Grove for all of us while checking out the SF Symphony. Yay!
5. I'm thankful for challenging, engaging work. I've been really stretched in my new role, and while it's tiring and tough, it's good for me, and really exciting. I'm loving the growth!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: