Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today has been a beautiful, productive, jam-packed day. So I'm going to jump right in and reflect on all the lovely things I have to be grateful for.

1. I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve others. I love hosting events, or bringing meals to people, or cleaning Nolan's room, because those things show me just how much I really care about the people I'm serving. Sometimes you tend to take the folks in your life for granted, and I'm finding that when I really stop to think about them or do something focused on them, it reminds me of just how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life. Funny how that works, huh?
2. I'm thankful for the perfect Fall weather! Nothing beats riding my bike in the sun or going for a run in the chilly morning or wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and being JUST chilly enough to feel cozy.
3. I'm thankful for this time to post tonight. I've been running on empty a lot lately, and the fact that I can sit down and write this right now demonstrates that I really am in the middle of a breakthrough with my time-management skills. Yay!
4. I'm thankful for all the excitement of our future. We're trying to stay grounded in the present by hosting parties and staying connected to friends and our area...but it's tough when we have SO much to look forward to next summer! We even have a great Indian place all picked out for our new area, hey-o!
5. I'm thankful for Nolan, who is my rock and truest friend, whether we're adventuring in SouthEast Asia, or sitting at home eating desserts with Milo sprawled on our lap, or biking through our neighbourhood, filled to the brim with joy at how blessed we are. He makes my every day special and worth getting excited about. I am so, so grateful for such an amazing partner.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: