Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday (and a little cheer!)

This week, I made some delicious new (and healthy, if you ignore the glaze on the one below) treats. I made Nolan some doughnuts with my new doughnut pan, and added a little chocolate glaze to his, since it was a special treat. Also! I'm posting a recipe later this week for a delicious dinner idea. Stay tuned!


I was met with an onslaught of texts at lunch on Monday from a bunch of residency applicants that Nolan was interviewing. Apparently he decided he'd leverage his influence on them to brighten my day a little bit! Also: it was hilarious.






And, as usual in our household, Christmas came early! We couldn't wait to exchange gifts, so we opened ours to each other early. Nolan got me a gorgeous necklace that I had been wanting, with my initials on it. See??? Thank you, Nolan!



Highlight of my week so far? This video that my boss put together of us. Dancing on Xeroxes? Yeah, that's what we do every day.


Onto the good stuff!


1. I'm thankful for learning to rest. I was having a hard time physically this week, and learned that I had to force myself to rest and do absolutely nothing for a couple days. I had been doing long yoga sessions and running on rest days, and my body was trying to tell me to slow down. Amazing how a little rest can fix you!
2. I'm thankful for super interesting and engaging learning opportunities at work! Not only do I get to attend a really great conference in February that I'm excited about, but I'm in 2 days of workshops this week that are very insightful and challenging around Human Capital Financial Statements. Woo! And you thought HR was boring. *cue the sniggers*
3. I'm thankful for meeting my goal of being done with Christmas shopping early! So fun to have all the presents purchased and bought
4. I'm thankful for exciting new opportunities to adventure with Nolan coming up! Can't say much right now since nothing has been set in stone, but stay tuned for excitingness!
5. I'm thankful for the holidays, and all the concentrated family + friend time that goes with this season. I'm loving getting to visit with all of our favourite people (yay for bff visiting this weekend!), and I'm so looking forward to some time off to enjoy with family in just 2 short weeks!

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Mrs. Campbell said...

Those texts crack me up! And your new necklace is pretty. :-)

I made the mistake of opening the elf video while I was nursing Ivor- it scared him and he cried... I enjoyed it though!

chels said...

The video was great! Your boss sounds fun! Jennie, hilarious about Ivor getting scared. I like your necklace too.

Heidi said...

I can't believe those texts. That's hilarious! Nolan for the win.

Also, that necklace is awesome! I've seen initial jewelry like that before (and love it!), but this one is especially beautiful! :)