Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Let's start this post with some happiness, and end on a note of thankfulness, shall we? When it feels like there is just too much going on around me, it always helps to focus on the beautiful things. Like this Indian wedding that Nolan got to be at - he was invited in after hearing it from his hotel, and was made to feel like an honoured guest. How cool!

 This week at work my boss and I celebrated our 5-year anniversaries at McKesson (since they're pretty close together) by going out for a super nice lunch and spending non-office time together. She even arranged a sweet surprise after the meal with a "Happy Anniversary" chocolate message on it. She's the best. Here we are, about to enjoy our little treat!

I also got to leaf through my booklet of gifts - you get to pick one when you "turn 5" at McKesson. 

 And now I have a shiny new trophy for my desk :)

It's hard to believe it's been a little over 5 years since I joined McKesson. Only God knew that this would be just the right place for me. It's pretty mind-boggling when I reflect back on it all. Every day I'm SO thankful to be where I am, for my colleagues, and my career...and the fact that I love going to work each day!

There's a sushi place walking distance from our house, and despite the fact that we love sushi, we've never been. Because it's not a buffet, and therefore not good "value" for Nolan. So Julie and I waited until we had a night where just the two of us would go out without our husbands, and we indulged in what turned out to be actually really tasty and unique sushi! We also ordered a lot of it. Oops. 

So onto the thankfulness now, I think.

1. I'm SO SO SO thankful that I get to join Nolan in a couple days! My plane leaves in less than a day now (woo!) and after a very long flight, we'll be reunited once again. Preferably with a hot bowl of delicious curry nearby. Seriously though - SO.EXCITED. cannot.even.tell.you.
2. I'm thankful for a little vacation. I've been keeping myself so busy with work and personal responsibilities, that I haven't made time to stop and smell the roses. Which is probably why I've been bad at blogging. So vacation will be nice - much needed away time.
3. I'm thankful for our friends who take care of our pets. Without them, our adventuring just wouldn't be possible.
4. I'm thankful for (again) my job and my boss and my work that I get to return to in a couple weeks. I won't overdo it with words but simply put, I genuinely love where I'm at.
5. I'm thankful for a new outlook and renewed energy - I finished a series of books recently that really reinvigorated my relationship with God, and although I have a long way to go, I'm so grateful to finally feel that I'm climbing out of the desert I've been in, and getting to know myself a little more in the process.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: