Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Luck, be a lady...

I'm one of those people who just doesn't ever win things. Which is why I am one of the few people on my floor who don't invest in lotto scratchers. Because when I realized that my chances of actually winning are about 1000 times lower than the average person's, the only thing I'd be scratching out would be my eyeballs. So I shouldn't have to preface this by saying that I was feeling pretty good about being runner-up in the hat contest this morning at our HR holiday party. We wrapped over 300 presents for needy kids, and then used the wrapping paper scraps to make hats. Not too bad! And my theme was called, "Lady Holiday":

However, it is also not surprising that the person who actually enlisted someone from the safety department to LIGHT THEIR HAT ON FIRE beat me out. If I was in that crowd, I would be hysterically cheering on the chick with the flaming hat over the one who looked like Santa threw up on the chubby wench at the Renaissance Faire.

It hasn't been a great day for the figure. First the delicious food at the holiday party, and then our floor Cookie Exchange:

And with only a few days left until I leave for Mexico...such a shame to throw away all those hours I spent at the gym.

No comments: