Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Last night I had dinner with some girlfriends at Coconuts in Palo Alto. They have fabulous Yelp reviews, and since we try to have a different genre food each time we go out, this was the ticket! Coconut shrimp, jerk chicken, ackee triangles? Yes please! Next time I'll remember to take pictures.

In honour of St. Patty's day today, our building brought in a fiesta of all things green and irish. So while I was enjoying a spoon of free mint-chip ice cream, I got to listen to this churning out Irish melodies:


And since today is Thursday, we had the local farmer's market in the galleria across the street. Hooray for delicious, fresh produce (and tasty stuffed bolanis, in my case!).

Feeling extra blessed today, even though I had a crappy couple of days earlier. So this should be easy:
1. I'm thankful for challenges at work. Although it's gonna be tiring and a lot of work, I have an opportunity over the next few months that I can't pass up, and it's going to be super challenging (I don't even know where to start!), but also fun.
2. I'm thankful for great friends. I don't think I've really had time to see friends in....a month? Something like that. So it's great to have a few nights this week with good girlfriends (even if it meant spending 2 hours watching the Bachelor, oy vey).
3. I'm thankful for my good health!I broke a toenail earlier this week and it put me out of commission for a day. Limping to meetings, no cute shoes, and no working out that day. Just 1 day, and I almost went nuts - I can't imagine having a broken foot or being out for 2 weeks with the flu! I'm trying not to take health for granted.
4. I'm thankful for my commute. Yes, I said it. I love that the train ride gives me time for quiet times in the morning, and reading Game of Thrones in the afternoons. I like that the driving allows me to sing at the top of my lungs, which always makes me feel extra happy when I get home.
5. I'm thankful for productivity this week. I finally got to catch up on some things with my personal life that I had been putting off because I felt too tired/busy with work. One of these things: planning for our trip to Scotland in 10 days.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Mrs. Campbell said...

How about- Getting to see you in Scotland in a week! :-)
I can't wait to see you guys.