Friday, March 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday on Friday

At least I try and get to it once a week, even though not on the right day...yes?

2 days until we're on our way to Scotland, and we're frantically trying to get everything done. Not to mention me leaving work at the worst possible time for vacation. Makes getting out of there kind of difficult!

And hey, after work I still have to fix enchiladas for 12 of us tonight and make Nolan's requested cake this year: my special sour-cream blueberry coffeecake recipe that I've been hoarding ever since I found it on a blog I like. No big deal!

Last night we had a birthday eve dinner (steaks! mmm) and Nolan requested on my way home that I make the "moose" I made him last week. So I did. And what a mousse it is:

Delicious, relatively healthy, and so easy to make! And it's so rich that we had a contest to see who could finish their glass and Nolan totally lost. I only won because I persevered for over an hour. Tasty. I got the recipe from this blog (which I'm loving!). There are hundreds of tasty little treats on here.

So this week:
1. I'm obviously very thankful to be officially on vacation! YIPPEE!!!
2. I'm thankful the rain has stopped for a few days. I was tired of peering through my windshield on my commute, while my wipers frantically tried to make things visible.
3. I'm thankful Easter is coming up, and therefore we get to see family and friends that weekend!
4. I'm thankful for a little break from insanity (what vacation is for, no?). As much as I adore it, I was starting to get a little too muscly. I may need to rethink this thing.
5. I'm thankful for Nolan's birthday today, which means we have a.) a reason to host a big game night tonight and hang out with a bunch of dear friends and b.) another reason to get 100 people together to see Hunger Games with us tomorrow! Partay!

Happy birthday to my amazing husband, who's only aging on paper ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That husband of yours needs to get some rest. He looks very tired in this picture. :( Thank goodness vacation is here for both of you.