Monday, April 9, 2012

Recap or catching up

Ahh, Scotland. How should I recap? Probably best to check out my facebook album I posted of our trip, but in the meantime I'll post the random couple of pictures I took with my phone that didn't make it into the album. Like this one of us looking EXTREMELY tired on our first morning in the country. We were on a train to Stirling and St. Andrews around 7:30am, and desperately needed coffee and breakfast. So we were super excited to see Caffe Nero, which was one of our favourite spots in London, near the train station in Glasgow! Apparently it's like the Peet's of the UK. Please ignore the bags under our eyes:


Or this one of me sipping on a pint of cider at some random place we found called Home. Some of the best tikka masala we had all trip was at that place, and it was just pub food at that!


In short, our trip was wonderful. We did a lot of eating, drinking coffee and tea and chocolate galore, and sitting around reading after a day of exploring. I even got to drive on the wrong side of the road for 3 days, woo! But for more of that, check out my album so I don't have to post 200 pictures in here too :)

We got home around 11:30pm on Tuesday night after 25 hours of travelling (blah!), and I was at work the next morning by 7:30am. Worst idea ever. After work I was up until midnight packing (seriously!), and then after falling into bed so late, was woken up at 5:23am by Nolan calling to say he was done with work and ready to go (he had to work that night). So I threw my stuff in the car, and we drove up to Placerville for an Easter weekend with our families. I had to work Thursday and Friday, but was lucky enough to get to do it from home so I could at least be present for meals, etc. with everyone.

Wed did manage to take my mom to the store, since she never gets to get out and about with her broken foot. This is how she rolls now:


The store's stash of those things was just too tempting for Nolan to pass up:


And I think Nolan took this picture of me when he was irritated that I had to work while he was free. Such is life!


Yesterday, while taking the train back from our Easter weekend extravaganza, I got a sweet text from Harley's owner, Susan, with this photo of him lovingly bathing Harley:

You can imagine how furious he was with me when I picked up he and FDR (have I ever mentioned in here that we have a fish named FDR?) yesterday to bring them home.

I feel almost recovered, but definitely need another good night's sleep tonight to cement it. Wish me luck!

No comments: