Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Once again, it's Thursday and the weekend is almost here (hooray!). After a week of Nolan being sick, I was sure that by today I would be totally out of commission, yet here I sit, feeling good. I have grand plans to do almost nothing this weekend, since it's been busy lately. Something's been going on almost every night of the week, and it'll be nice to have just a couple days of downtime before another packed week.

But while I'm on the subject of today: Happy Birthday, John! Today's my favourite father-in-law's birthday. Exciting! Also:

1. I'm thankful for perspective. Recently I've felt very confined and restless in many areas of my life, and it's good for me to slow down, look at what I have, and not take it for granted. If I stop daydreaming about what things COULD be like, I can take time to enjoy what things ARE like, and how good they are.
2. I'm thankful for our home. Even though we're considering moving soon, all this hunting for new places to live is showing me what a great place we're already in.
3. I'm thankful for good friends. They really keep my chin up when I'm starting to pout!
4. I'm so thankful for Nolan. I know, you're so sick of me always including this one. But seriously. He's incredible. Knows how to correct me, love me, and make me laugh in the same breath.
5. I'm thankful for my poor, crippled Mom :) Nothing makes a week like a nice chat with your mother! Still drawing on that advice and encouragement.

1 comment:

Silverfox said...

Thanks again for the presents..YEH!
Loved talking to you last night.