Friday, April 20, 2012

Won't you be my neighbour?

When it's hot in the city, all hell breaks loose. And by that I mean every other person on the street is sipping a jamba juice, men are walking around naked in the Castro (even they cover up when it's cold), and people in business attire are sprawled on the grass in Yerba Buena gardens, sleeping. You can barely even get to the Embarcadero because of the crowds of people who are probably wearing their sunglasses and skirts in the city for the first and last time this year. I know it's been warm at our place, because it's been 73 degrees indoors at night, and I've been back to sleeping in skivvies while Nolan sweats and Milo sprawls on the floor. Have I mentioned that I love this time of year? I feel a celebratory BBQ in my future, to welcome back the warmth.

New addiction: a kale and quinoa salad, with blueberries, carrots, almonds, tomatoes, and seaweed, with a light sesame dressing. So delicious! Behold:


Our neighbour recently bought a new elliptical machine, and put it in the garage for us to share. I got a free demo yesterday, and plan to make use of it for my workout tonight! She was asking if I wanted her to mount her extra flat-screen on the garage wall to watch while working out and my eyes almost melted. Too.much.awesomeness. If you live in the Bay Area and aren't rich, chances are that your home is nowhere near large enough to house workout machines. But! When you share a big garage with your duplex neighbour who markets exercise machines, good things can happen. She's also had the gardener give us a nice new lawn in our front yard, and leaves mandarins from her tree on the steps up to our house. I like this woman.

No comments: