Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I guess it's only appropriate to start off the New Year with a recap of the last weeks of the old, eh? Nolan used his spankin' new GoPro to capture some footage of our holidays in a short clip. Only thing missing is the silly string fight!

Our first annual poetry slam was a win, with everyone but 2 people (*ahem!*) participating. John took home the gold, which in this case was a golf-putting set you can use while on the toilet. Don't ask. Here's my sad attempt at getting everyone in 2 pictures during the poetry slam (no WAY was it happening in just 1 pic). 
One side of the room...
...and the other side of the room.
It was an amazing week of fun, family, good food and general merry-making. We did everything from mountain-biking to eating boatloads (literally, haha) of sushi, to blitzing our families with silly-string, to reciting poetry to running a few miles by the river and CrossFitting (Murph for the win!), to playing games and sipping wine and watching the men almost kill each other first with Indian leg wrestling, then with actual guns and clay pigeons. It was good times.


As usual, the only person who hated his Christmas present was Milo...because I got him a size too small. The only picture I got of him in it was this one where he was rolling around, trying to undo the velcro on his back. Sigh.


One thing I was glad to say goodbye to over the holidays? This version of Nolan's beard. The actual beard wasn't SO bad, but this...this had to go. Immediately.


 Instead of listing out all the incredible things I'm thankful for after an incredible 2013, I'm going to just say thank you to all of you for being a part of my life and helping to make it so incredible. I have high, high hopes for 2014, and exciting plans and dreams. Here's to carrying those out with you all at my side!

No comments: