Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Whoo boy. I need some thankfulness to think about today. It's been a doozy of a week, and I'm tired and sweating out my stress levels. So let's get on with it, eh?

1. I'm thankful for checklists. They keep me sane and organized, and provide a tiny bit of peace of mind when I feel like I'm in a cart careening out of control.
2. I'm thankful for a night to myself this week. It was a few nights ago, and I did have to do some work, but it was nice to have a night alone to eat whatever I wanted and catch up on Downton Abbey while I worked.
3. I'm thankful for the upcoming weekend! Friend time, checking off more work items in prep for the next 2 weeks of travel, and hopefully even a bit of relaxing in there too.
4. I'm thankful for Nolan. He's just...the best. I run out of original things to say sometimes, but hopefully nobody minds if I re-use my praises for the smartest, funniest, most compassionate and sexy husband out there. I'm so grateful to be able to come home to him after a busy day.
5. I'm thankful for these upcoming business trips. Even though it means more work to catch up on, it's going to be good to reconnect with our entire team in person this coming week, and then super exciting to attend the HCI Workforce Analytics conference the following week! A solid few days of workforce planning and analytics never hurt anyone :)

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you took a selfie as I miss seeing you! We got to talk to Nolan last night and again this morning when he FTed us. He sounded like he was lonesome already.
I had thought of calling you tomorrow but it sounds like you will be busy relaxing and spending time with friends. With that said, I hope you enjoy your time at home and that you have another profitable trip to Virginia. I will give you a ring after next Friday so that we can catch up again. Love you!!!
Anna