Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Last week was a whirlwind of activity. My work-week was ridiculously busy, and then on top of that, our spare time was consumed with house-hunting. But we did fit in some fun, relaxing things...like mountain-biking on Saturday, hot tubbing under the stars, plenty of post-dinner games of Dominion, and even learning to bottle-feed one of the calves:

In fact, Nolan leaves for India fairly soon, and we haven't even figured out our real trip itinerary due to lack of time to plan it! Maybe this weekend.

I would post a whole lot more about the house-hunting, Milo's adventures with his new(ish) buddy Hagrid, family fun and all that, but this is my first evening without having plans to go anywhere, and I'm trying to soak it up. That and our internet is down until tomorrow, so I'm mooching our neighbour's and have no idea when the bandwidth will fail me. So. 

1. I'm thankful for a weekend coming up. I don't have any firm plans, and for once that is a good thing.
2. I'm thankful for a good book to read on the BART. Don't get me wrong - Moby Dick was a good classic...but I struggled through it. Seriously. I can only read so many pages and pages of whale anatomy that has nothing to do with the meager amounts of storyline. Sorry, Ishmael.
3. I'm thankful for our realtor and the houses we've been able to look at so far. It's so much fun to start this next phase, and learn more about what we're really wanting and needing in a home. Plus, our realtor is really great and easy to work with.
4. I'm thankful for the chances we have to travel coming up. We put a high priority on seeing the world together and spending time adventuring, and we're very blessed to get to do a decent amount of that.
5. I'm thankful for my little cube in the city. I like working from home, but it's always fun to drive into the city in the mornings and enjoy working in such an interesting, fast-paced environment.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Mrs. Campbell said...

House-hunting can be such fun. Excited to see what you end up with!