Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RAK fail

Nate came to visit this weekend and it was an absolute blast. I wish I had more holidays and more time with my little brother! Nolan got us going in the morning with the most amazing blueberry pancakes made with flaxseed and almond meal. Yum! As you can see, we went into the city on Monday and had sesame ballz:
obligatory pizza at Golden Boy:
walked through chinatown...
and took a very touristy chinatown picture in too much sun.
I have no idea how far we walked, but I was pooped afterwards! So after Nate and Nolan and I went mini-golfing, I was pretty easy to talk out of spin class and into Thai food at our fave place, and then polenta and a movie later. Nate and I made up for it after Nolan went to bed with a late night Insanity session. Whew!

Saturday seemed like a pretty normal day, except that I cleaned our ENTIRE apartment on my hands and knees. Or...mostly the kitchen, actually. And then I went to watch the 49ers game with some friends and the rest of the day was a loss. Heh.

Sunday was pure awesome. We got up (no alarm because it was Nolan's day off - woo!), stopped at Starbucks, and then headed to The Highway for church. Then we lunched at a fantastic Vietnamese place in our 'hood, and I went home to work out, start dinner, and wait for Nate to arrive. That night we had several friends over for a full-on German dinner with Spaetzle, Knoedels, Schweinebraten slow-cooked in beer, and german potato salad and gravy. Mmm! We finished the night with 6 of us playing Settlers and noshing on Erin's amazing polenta-pecan apple crisp.

Not much else to update on, except that my resolutions are still going well except for the Random Acts of Kindness one. I'll be honest, I thought of buying the person behind me at Starbucks their drink, but that is the only good thing I've come up with. It's tough! So I'm not going to hold myself to it anymore (I suck!) but instead just do those things when the opportunity strikes.

1 comment:

Silverfox said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I would love to try some of your German cooking!! Glad you had time with Nate and Nolan.
Go "Niners" this weekend. I can't believe I said that.