Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Somewhere along the way, I forgot the point of this post...

Friday was an incident. In which I lit the barbeque wrongly, and almost blew myself up/lost all facial hair. Fortunately, I just singed the tip of my eyelashes and some peachfuzz on my cheeks that I don't care about. Nolan took great joy later on in pointing out that part of my eyebrow and my hairline were singed too. Sigh.

Since running has been so successful lately (no knee pain!), I thought I'd try something else forbidden:
I have athletic passes to the pool on campus and figured I'd better use them at some point. I had a whole lane to myself and the sun was shining and it was amazing. This is going to have to happen more often. 


Saturday morning we had our breakfast together and then played Stone Age, and I felt so antsy (I hadn't exercised yet!) I did NOT feel like finishing the game or staying indoors. So I pouted. And Nolan made it into a semi-artsy picture.


I also did a lot of cooking and baking. We're talking several times a day, food for the day, food for the week...snacks for bible study. Which are these this week:

Mmm, black-bean brownies.

And garbanzo-bean blondies!

But I swear, you wouldn't know they were healthy (or beany!) if you tasted them. 

No comments: