Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Waking up this morning for 4:30am yoga with the rain drizzling down outside and my cup of hot coffee with me inside was the best way to start my Thursday. Seriously, is there anything better?

Best way to end it? A glass of wine and going to bed at 8:30. Hah.

This has been a week of challenges in many ways. From choosing what to eat and wear to solving relationship/friendship puzzles and dealing with the aftermath of taxes this year (ouch!) to even just feeling like I'm in a rut with my workouts...I'm glad for a couple days this weekend to sort things out. And relax! And bake. It's going to be glorious. I got a text from Nolan today that he bought a pork roast and made a marinade for it to set in (a little random, a lot appreciated!). Saturday night meal? Done! Speaking of appreciation:

1. I'm thankful it's almost the weekend! I'd like a day of nothing with a side of Nolan, please :)
2. I'm thankful for a husband who tells me I'm beautiful when we're just being silly. Talk about an ego boost!
3. I'm thankful our vacation is coming up soon! It's been awhile since we really got away (and may not be much longer until we can get away again!)! I'm also grateful that we're able to travel and do the fun things that we do - this time in our lives is short and we need to enjoy it as much as possible.
4. I'm thankful for a brief respite at work this week and next - it's nice to have a chance to catch my breath between big things!
5. I'm thankful for a challenging new small group this spring. There seem to be all sorts of things for me to figure out and face; both relational and internal. Yay for growth opportunities?


What are you thankful for?

No comments: