Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This morning has been tough. I love Thursdays. They are my early yoga days, my free lunch days, my relaxing at home in the evening (usually) days. But this morning I woke up with a mind-numbing headache (it woke me up every hour during the night!), which is really unusual for me. I never get headaches, so I generally don't know how to deal with them. So I powered through yoga, grabbing my head to stop the throbbing every time I was upright. Now it's lunchtime, and it's ebbed a tiny bit, but still throbbing. So I can't help feeling like my Thursday has a bit of a damper on it.

Regardless, this morning I also read 1 Peter 4:7-11 during my BART ride (aka the time in which I do my bible study), and these phrases really stuck out to me:
"Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply...Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling."
Do you ever read something that makes you go, "OH. That's meant for me." Yep. Hello, action items.

I've had to be extra diligent about feeling thankful today, though I know there is certainly a long list to be thankful for. Like:

1. I'm thankful that my brother and sister-in-law got to visit last weekend. It was so great to spend quality time together and just have fun.
2. I'm thankful for good general health. When I have little complaints like today, I have to step back and realize that they are just that: little complaints. I know several people who have honest-to-goodness health issues, and it makes me so thankful that I don't, and that my complaining is about stupid things that are few and far between.
3. I'm thankful for met needs. There have been a few worries on my mind lately, that I won't mention here, and it seems like once I get to the point of thinking, "Ah, how is this going to work out?!", the answer comes along. Jehovah Jireh, indeed.
4. I'm thankful for our vacation coming up! Nothing helps us reset and relax like travelling, and this is going to be a genuinely bizarre trip for us, since it involves neither a language change nor a currency change. Plus: we get to have dinner with our dear friends in DC while we're there - bonus awesomeness!
5. I'm thankful for good breakfasts. Don't laugh! It's true. Nothing starts my day off better than a tasty, sit-down breakfast with Nolan. I've gotten several of those lately!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Mrs. Campbell said...

I love that you always take time to be thankful- I could definitely do with a more thankfulness in my own life. Hope you have a headache free Friday! :-)