Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Scout Mom

When I was in Atlanta, one of my waitresses told me about an app for deals in big metropolitan areas, called ScoutMom. I was like, ok, weird name but whatever. I googled it and tried searching and figuring out what ScoutMom was, and it took me awhile to figure out that it was ScoutMob...not Mom. Hah. Turns out, it's pretty awesome - no purchase required to get the deal, like with Groupon, etc. Needless to say, I've already found several amazing deals for New York and DC while we're there next week. w00t!

Example of why it's great: last week, I decided to buy lunch on Friday. So I hopped on ScoutMob, found this deal I'd been eyeing, and headed over to Murphy's Deli after the gym.

 If you think it's bizarre that I get so excited about paying $4 for a salad like this, you obviously haven't had many meals in SF. Got to appreciate anything under $10 - it's a steal! And the Thai salad was pretty fantastically delicious. I don't even like cilantro, but since I'm liking all sorts of new things these days, I gave it a shot with it's cilantro dressing. Tasty!

This weekend, my in-laws came to visit, and we packed in all sorts of culinary delights (and a fantastic bike ride around our 'hood)! The weather was incredible, so we took full advantage of it. Even in Pacifica (gasp!), when we hit up Gorilla BBQ for the best meat I've had in months. So delicious! Nolan and I split a giant rack of ribs and I think that's going to be our plan every time we go there - you can't have too many ribs!

Of course, we also squeezed in some time at Philz, too. Best iced coffee ever!

Generally, this is the point before vacation where I start to feel really stressed and worn out, but I think I was SO productive earlier this week, that I've actually managed to outwit myself and get things done ahead of time (with social plans and cooking required every day this week, to boot!), so I don't have to worry about it and can just relax. I only have 2 things left on my to-do list before we leave, and one of them is dropping off our little monster at his playdate for the week. The other thing is packing - and I already have a very detailed list of what to pack, so that will be easy. In other words...I'm kind of already winding down for the next 10 days, and it feels AWESOME.

No comments: