Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

You know what? Tomorrow at this time, we'll be in New York City - no doubt eating some delicious pizza or something else we'd only eat on vacation. Can't wait!

But in the meantime, it's been a pretty great day. I got to work from home today (yay!), so that means I got to sleep an extra hour and start my yoga at 5:30 instead of 4:30. It also means I got to eat a slow breakfast and stay in my yoga clothes. And sip coffee at my own table. I've gotten a lot of the work done that I've meant to, so that makes me feel productive. And I went to Target on my lunch break to indulge in 2 guilty pleasures:
1. picking up a few new things for the trip (woohoo!).
2. picking up an ingredient so I could make my favourite dessert for tonight before our early bedtime. I "accidentally" made too much, so I had a smackerel of it for lunch, too. Excellent.

One of the items I got at Target was a pair of pants - they're white, and I noticed a small dirt spot near the bottom hem when I tried them on. But! They fit perfect! And they were the only pair in my size! And such a deal! So I bought them. Is it a faux pas that I bought a new pair of pants that I had to immediately go home and use oxyclean on? I don't know, but the spot is gone - so I'm not complaining!

Last night Nolan and I snuck in a little date (we went for a run and talked about our days) before meeting up with friends for dinner. Why is it that the world seems just so perfect when it's warm and sunny outside and the days are long? Or maybe it's just because I've gotten to see my soulmate a fair amount recently :) There's more where that came from, too - hello, vacation! With that:

1. I'm thankful for new clothes. It seems like such a stupid little thing, but I RARELY ever shop for anything besides groceries and birthday presents. So this was a special thing, and it made me feel extra thankful that I had a tiny bit extra to put towards a fun treat!
2. I'm thankful for 10 days with Nolan all to myself exploring fun new places! We travel really well together, and tend to enjoy the same things. So vacations are always, like, THE MOST FUN THINGS EVER. Plus he's just so fun! And travelling is so fun! FUN FUN FUN.
3. I'm thankful for forced rest. Tomorrow I'm not going to work out, because you know - I'm waking up at 3:30 to head straight to the airport, and there is no way I'm getting up any earlier than that to exercise groggily. Only in Atlanta, when I'm sleep-confused and wide-awake at that time anyway. Weird. Anyway: I hate not working out, because I feel antsy and "off", but my muscles have been telling me they need a little respite soon. So tomorrow it is. Next workout will be in NYC! And yes, I've already figured out which metro to take to my gym there :)
4. I'm thankful for our little air conditioner. It may be small and only really chill one room, but the general effect is that we can sleep at night, and SOMETIMES a little extra cold air even seeps into the living room. I'm telling you - I've been seeing some facebook friends posting pics of snow (they're in other parts of the country, obviously), and here it was almost 90 degrees today at 11am. Whew.
5. I'm thankful for our church, and for the pastor who makes us feel connected and cared for, even when our (or Nolan's) schedule doesn't allow any current involvement outside of Sunday mornings. And even then, we're gone a lot, so Sundays can be tough to be around for! It's so great to have a community to walk into and feel connected.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: