Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday

When I think of summer, I think of chlorine, iced coffee, the smell of alfalfa and apricots, bbq and corn, pedicures, and sunscreen. June begins the day after tomorrow, which means it's almost summer, which means 2013 is almost halfway over. I can't even believe it. I was thinking about this the other day and feeling excited that summer is almost here...until I remembered that summer no longer means long vacations and lazy days. Boo. But we do have 2 vacations coming up between now and Fall, so that counts for something, right? I'll just ignore all the work days in between.

Speaking of summer, this weekend we're going to be up in Pville and Reno. Along with plans for mountain biking, family get-togethers, business meetings (Nolan), and definitely sushi, I think we're honestly most looking forward to that evening where we eat delicious grilled meat, sip family wine, and enjoy the sunset over the ranch and then the stars from the hot tub. Best weekend ever!

1. I'm thankful for good times. Last night we had some couples over and had dinner and some laughs while playing "Cards Against Humanity". If you haven't played it, it's hilarious...but most definitely not family friendly. I would only play that game with family members if about 75% of the cards were removed. So much fun to just relax and laugh with good friends over a meal and drinks!
2. I'm thankful for plans to get away this weekend! Some nice time up at the ranch sounds amazing right now.
3. I'm thankful for a mostly healed foot. This morning I was watching the sun rise from the elliptical again - ahh! Lunchtime today will be my first leg weight session in weeks - exciting!
4. I'm thankful for fun connections! Randomly just found out I have a couple coworkers who attend Reality SF (our old church in SF that we loved). So fun to make those connections on a different level in the workplace!
5. I'm thankful for leftovers. No, really. There is nothing better than a tasty, practically free meal that's already prepared to take to work and enjoy for lunch.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: