Wednesday, May 29, 2013

when the days all start running together

Wednesday? Shouldn't it be...Tuesday? Or Friday maybe? Holiday weeks always throw me off, man. Perhaps this is a small taste of what it's like to be Nolan. Or anyone without a 9-5 office job. Confusing!

After weeks of rest and sneaky yoga, I finally tested my foot on our elliptical on Monday with great success! The next day, I did a full elliptical workout + gym time at lunch like I was doing before and it felt GREAT. So other than the stiffness (and the Ibuprofen I popped just in case), I think I'm mostly back to normal. Still no HIIT or running for at least another week, but hey - at least I have cardio options and can do leg work again, right?

Today I went out for lunch with a coworker at a nearby spot I've been dying to try. I hardly buy lunch in the city - I prefer to bring my own - so when I do, I want to really enjoy it. So we went to Bamboo Asia and omg, I'm in love. It's like a bunch of asian food trucks dumped their contents into one big open room with tables. Indian, Vietnamese, and Japaneses in the same spot? With healthy options? SCORE! Check it out here. I got the Indian spice garden salad and it was to.die.for. I've already warned Nolan that we're going there the next time he joins me for lunch here.

Last night for date night, we grilled veggies + garlic, little polenta and tomato slices, and little filet mignons and then sat on our lawn and chatted and enjoyed our peaceful neighbourhood. Tonight is game night with some friends, and a bbq! I love this time of year.

No comments: