Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Last Thursday I was hobbling down my stairs and thought to myself that it would be easy to write my Thankful Thursday post, since I had about a million things on the top of my head that I was thankful for. But then I forgot to blog. Such is life, eh? It's the (thankful) thought that counts.

While on our travels on the East Coast, I developed tendonitis in my right foot, meaning I can't do anything for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to test out activities again this Sunday, but we'll see. It's been really tough for me to do nothing - even walking a couple blocks makes it sore. Nolan (and my PCP both) told me that I can't even ride a bike or do the elliptical, much less run and do HIIT workouts. So I've been sneaking in yoga, and then working on mostly upper body and core. Never have I felt so lazy, but at the same time I can see that it's probably good for me to rest my joints and body a bit - sleeping an extra hour is helping too, and something I rarely get to do. Am I thankful for the forced rest? Undecided. But I do have an awful lot to be thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for opportunities. Tonight is our date night, and I was feeling antsy about having to wait until around 7 to eat (so late for me!) because of Nolan's schedule, but I just found out that a friend and her husband (who just had a baby) need a meal brought to them tonight. So I get to bless someone with my extra time instead of just noodling around, AND I get to meet their baby. Score!
2. I'm thankful for productivity. With the extra time I save from not being at the gym, I've been catching up around the house - cooking, cleaning, ironing, touching up paint on walls. I got to that coveted point last weekend where I ran out of things to do, and actually ordered our pictures from old trips that I can start scrapbooking. Bonus to all of this and not moving around much? Lots of time reading and napping in the sunshine.
3. I'm thankful for Nolan's schedule. Sometimes I whine about it, but it's actually been pretty great (in comparison to others'). I see him almost every day, and often have time to have a meal or do something fun together. Not too shabby!
4. I'm thankful for change. It reminds me that the future is ours, and with God's guidance, we can choose our own courses. We're very fortunate to live in such a place where that is even possible.
5. I'm thankful for my friends. It's always so energizing to share a meal and a conversation with a dear friend, or catch up during yoga, or even just over email.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: