Sunday, July 25, 2010

cookies and cream!

I just realized that I left out a crucial part of our Peru trip when I was hurriedly trying to blog about it, and I realized it because I'm sitting here at Starbucks about to work on my research paper, and my shoulders are killing me. While we were there at the SUPER fancy resort, we took full advantage of a couple vouchers we got for the spa (1 treatment each), and my wonderful mother-in-law offered to extend it for both of us (THANK YOU!), and the two of us ladies went and got 70 minute deep-tissue massages (AHHH!), which she told me she slept through, haha!...and also a lovely calming manicure afterwards. Let me just say: BEST massage I've ever had (and I told my masseuse so), and the BEST manicure ever. Usually I fear manicures like death because my fingers are so sensitive I almost always end up bleeding and cursing and hating myself. This time it was bliss, and my fingers look awesome! Oddly enough, it was our masseuses who did the manicures also, and when I asked her if she did everything, she said that each employee at the spa learned to do all of the services, from massaging to mani/pedis to hot bath treatments to hair stuff, etc. Amazing! Anyway, I was just craving a good massage, and it reminded me that I forgot to mention that bit of amazingness from our trip!

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday, so I wanna just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her and that she deserves a happy and wonderful weekend to celebrate!

My parents came down to visit us this weekend, and we explored Chinatown, North Beach, and of course tried the famous "The Stinking Rose" garlic restaurant and had a little Golden Boy's pizza. And those are great,and the garlic place was FANTASTIC (though we all paid the price for having that much garlic later), but we also got to check a few items off of our list! So here we are:

#96 - Ube ice cream from Mitchell's
This was a purple yam flavoured ice cream that tasted a little dull at first, but the more I licked, the better it was. It just was a nice mellow flavour that was really nice on a warm day. And the yam taste was lightly sweet and tasty!


#60 - The Little Star at Little Star Pizza
This pizza was SOOOO delicious! It was something like, feta and ricotta, spinach, garlic and onions and mushrooms. I think that's right. Either way, it was delicious and fantastic and we have like 1 piece left in our fridge that Nolan and I will have to fight over.


#65 - Cookies-and-cream cookie and milk at Anthony's cookies
These cookies are amazing. All of them. The toffee one was probably my favourite, although the recommended cookies and cream one was awesome too. It was warm and soft and melty. And we got little cartons of milk with them so it was a nice finish too!


Anyway, over a few games of Carcassonne, a ridiculous movie, exploring, and lots of food, it was an awesome weekend.

Oh, and Milo came home to us! And you know, I think he's an older and wiser cat. He has been cuddly and sweet, and hasn't made a peep. In fact, he has only bitten me once since being home, and I was asking for it. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf and will now be a reformed little pet, or maybe it's just all the weight he put on in the last month. Chubby little turd.

I also have to note one last amazing thing before I start working on the paper, and that is this:

Do you see that? THEY SPELLED MY NAME RIGHT. This is one for the record books.

No comments: