Tuesday, July 20, 2010

summer is christmas

If you're looking for our Peru recap, see the few posts below. Otherwise, you can expect to read about my morning catching up on mountains of emails while gorging on reduced-fat wheat thins, NOMNOMNOM.

When I left for vacation, I had 2 lovely bouquets of flowers on my desk from my birthday. When I came back, all I had was an empty vase and stacks of papers. A barren wasteland. So I went out and got myself a summery bouquet. Which the florist informed me is not actually summery, but more of a holiday bouquet:

And you know I suppose that makes sense, because I picked holiday-ish colours for my wedding, which was in summer, and so now I have that association. Also, I pine year-long for Christmas as I do summer, and the only difference is that as an adult, only one of those still exists for me.

Another thing I did when I got back was immediately fix my hair. Because in my vacation pictures, my roots are horrible and (I know this is the most narcissistic blog post ever) I'm tired of looking like Lindsay Lohan will after about half of her jail sentence. So I went back to my roots (hah!), and got wintry a little early this year. Hey, I'll embrace my dark side ;)

Tomorrow is my 3rd anniversary with my perfect husband, so if you don't want any sap in your life, best skip the post tomorrow, in all fairness.

This weekend my parents are coming for a visit, and not only am I looking forward to seeing them, but our little man will be coming back to us with them (fingers crossed he doesn't barf all over their new car seats), and we've been missing his antics. Who wouldn't miss this face?

2 comments:

Pops said...

The "little man" will be riding in a pet carier lest he barf then I terminate his pesky existence!

Anonymous said...

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. MILO. Hee :)