Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sniff, sniff.

All day today I've been testing scenarios, testing materials, and testing cookies from our holiday cookie exchange. All tasty, all horribly calorific. It's like I've spent the morning stuffing chunks of lard down my throat washed down with sugar. Blech. But at the same time delicious.

Still feeling sick (maybe a little worse, so I think I'm in the throes of it now...which hopefully means it will be gone by the weekend?), and really all I can think of is how much sleep I need when sick, how much it affects short-term memory, and how wonderful Nolan is about taking care of me and babying me.

Also, all this mucus begs the question: How did people cope when there existed neither disposable handkerchiefs (kleenex) nor washing machines? I'd like to think that high-class 18th century society refrained from snot-rockets. Maybe this was why people used to die of colds. Maybe they actually drowned in their own fluids. Fascinating.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are DISGUSTING!

Pops said...

Who raised you? A pack of wolves?