Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We are nationals

Sometime on Saturday, the Oregon Ducks went on to win their last game in their undefeated streak, effectively propelling them towards the national championship game. You can imagine that Nolan was ecstatic. Milo slightly less so, as it involved loud clapping and wild cheering. Either way, congrats to the Ducks, who had better win it in January, or I'll feel slightly cheated.

That same day, a Safeway driver delivered my groceries, which ASTOUNDED Nolan's uncle (who was watching the game with us). After all, how could we be so lazy! Lest you think less of me, let me assure you that not only is it foolish to abandon one's parking spot in this neighbourhood on a weekend, but also I spent enough at Safeway to get free delivery anyway, so why not? Among the items were those below, which clearly spell out BAKING if you look closely.

I mean, don't look too closely, it's really just symbolism.

Speaking of, his uncle brought us these festive poinsettias for the holiday season, and as much as I love them, I was desperately convinced they'd be reduced to stems within a day. Milo dearly loves to eat plants. HOWEVER, it's now Tuesday, and there isn't a single bite out of them! So far, I've only observed him sniffing the petals lovingly.

No comments: