Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I just wrote another sentence here about Muffin's antics and then realized that I can't possibly devote this much time to a squirrel (at least publicly), or I won't have any friends. So. Today I got my work computer replaced, because apparently they are doing this every 2 years now, and I had my first one replaced just about 2 years ago. I'm telling you - a new computer from Dell is like a junker from Apple (do those even exist?). This piece of crap is BRAND SPANKIN' NEW, like just out of the box, and it's already freezing up. Also nothing has really changed on it which tells me PC makers are just plain giving up on innovation.

Speaking of which: I'm excited to try Google+ , but has anyone else thought what a stupid name that is? That would be like if Facebook tried to launch a competitor to Google's search engine and called it "Facebook?" Seriously: marketing FAIL.

But onto things that make more sense:

1. I'm thankful the fridge is fixed. What a disaster!
2. I'm thankful for our new AC. Despite the obnoxious sound it makes in the middle of the night when it turns off and then on again, it's better than a hot house.
3. I'm thankful for the internet. For a lot of reasons, but today it's because it allows me to get a fantastic workout in my own living room without having to do something that kills my knee.
4. I'm thankful for good books. They pretty much make my commute awesome.
5. I'm thankful for the interns at work, because we order them lunch a lot, which means I get a nice, free lunch a lot.
6. I'm thankful it's July! More than halfway to Christmas! No, seriously.
7. I'm thankful I have friends and a husband who are going to see Harry Potter with me the day it comes out, because I couldn't stand going alone, but I also couldn't stand not going. Heh.
8. I'm thankful for challenging conversations. I couldn't grow without them, and secretly I love them even though they exhaust me.

Happy (almost) weekend, everyone!

No comments: