Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Suddenly, I've gone from hating the feather trend to loving it - just not in my hair. I've seen all the feather extensions and they just kind of gross me out. But letting some feathers hang from holes in my ear? I can handle that. Especially when they're lovely polka-dot ones like these that I just got:


This week has gone by SO slowly, most likely because vacation is literally right around the corner. My countdown is on! 1 more day! Which brings me to:

1. I'm thankful my vacation is practically here! Nolan only has a couple more shifts until freedom for a week, and we are SO looking forward to it! Hello kayaks and pedicures and good food and sunshine and sleeping in, ahhhh...
2. I'm thankful for peaceful BART commutes. I know a lot of people have had their commutes disrupted by the protests here in SF downtown, but thankfully I leave before 5, which is when they generally start.
3. I'm thankful for our coffee machine at home. This morning I ran out of milk and therefore had to buy coffee (I can't have it without milk!) instead of bring it with me in a cup. Those extra 3 hours between me and my caffeine were ugly.
4. I'm thankful for work/life balance. I've just been aware recently of how great and flexible my job is (comparitively) and how I'm able to maintain a clear divide between business and pleasure. It keeps me happy and stress-free :)
5. I'm actually thankful it's almost Fall. I have so busy reveling in the heat and sunshine of a rediscovered summer, that I almost forgot about my favourite season coming up! Hello butternut squash soup, scarves, pumpkin spice lattes, apple hill, holidays, and wood fires.

I'm off to the pubs tonight with Nolan's colleagues (I'm representing for the Caldwells since Nolan is at work tonight) and my friends and then just 1 more day until vacation! HUZZAH!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Silverfox said...

Fall means football season! GO DUCKS!
Glad you have a week off coming up. Enjoy it.