Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This morning I went to the early class at the gym, and after sweating off any remainder of the previous day's makeup and showering, I saw with horror that I forgot to cover up my faux-hickey. Which is TECHNICALLY a real hickey but not really (don't panic!) because it wasn't, like, romantically created. It was HORRIFICALLY created, because it's right under my jaw, right where I have this unnatural fear of people getting close to (too much Twilight, maybe?), which means it's Nolan's favourite place to attack me and make me panic and freak out. However, I think he latched on a little too hard while I was fighting him off, because it looks like I was shot in the jaw with a BB gun. And by BB I of course mean BlueBerry. It's a bright purple spot the size of a quarter. Lovely. Apparently my makeup has worn off already too, because my coworker just IMed me "your hickey looks pretty bad" and I was like "what are you talking about" and then "!!!!!" when I looked in the mirror again. Good thing Nolan doesn't read this very often because he'd crow with success if he did.

Now that I've successfully weirded you out...

1. I'm thankful that tomorrow is the last day of summer! I've loved actually having summer weather this year, but MAN it's been hot. Plus, what's not to love about Fall?! My favourite season!
2. I'm thankful that Nolan had a few hours off last night for a date night, even though he was terrorizing me all night (see above). I missed not seeing him for a few days while he has been working night shifts!
3. I'm thankful that our new womens' small group starts up soon! It will be SO fun to do a Beth Moore study with a bunch of great ladies!
4. I'm thankful for the free lunch at work today, provided by the Festive Club. Which is the weirdest name ever, because it's basically just a membership that costs $12 a year and provides you MANY free lunches and other perks. Today it was delicious Vietnamese food, which, let's face it, is something to be VERY FESTIVE about.
5. I'm thankful for fun new gym classes! I hate getting bored with routines, so I'm really excited about all the new classes I'm trying! The Ultimate Conditioning class this morning kicked my butt FO REALZ.

Another weekend already? Bring it on!

No comments: