Friday, February 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm not always late posting these...but the Thankful Thursday ones seem to be the ones affected when my posting is a little off. So here I am, on Friday again.

This weekend we're headed up to Placerville to see my family, celebrate my brother's engagement (!), and relax a bit in between Nolan's tests. He's been taking his licensing exams these past two days, and has another Board Exam next Wednesday, so he needs to relax for a couple days. Monday I fly out for a business trip to Vegas for 4 days, and then come back for the weekend, and fly out again on the next Monday for another trip to Scottsdale for just 3 days. Two weeks later, we fly to Scotland for vacation, woohoo! So I'm definitely making up for my lack of flying last year in the first quarter of this year. With that:

1. I'm thankful for fun trips coming up, even though it's a lot of packing and rushing around.
2. I'm thankful that I'm getting another sister-in-law this year! SO excited for Rory and Summer!
3. I'm thankful for a restful couple days at work. Still been busy, but I've been able to catch up on other items between my project and travelling.
4. I'm thankful for a really fun last weekend and week - I needed it!
5. I'm thankful for the chance to practice thankfulness (a little repetitive?), because honestly, this weekly tradition gets my mind where it should be - being grateful for the many, many blessings in my life. Everyone needs to reflect on those things, and often!
6. I'm thankful for the longer days and warmer weather that have started creeping in...it's about time!

Have you bought your Hunger Games' tickets yet?!

No comments: