Wednesday, June 19, 2013

chiefly, things.

Friday morning was our new wafflemaker's maiden voyage, and it was a smashing success! There is NOTHING like fresh waffles, I tell you what. Here's a picture of the beauty:
Professional-quality!

And the end-product. I found a recipe for healthy waffles, and they turned out divine. Except I forgot to take a picture until after I'd already started decorating and eating mine. Yum!
Complete with berries, sugar-free powdered sugar, a little Kerry's light Irish butter, and my favourite Joseph's sugar-free maple syrup. I tell you, Whole Foods keeps me as a customer despite their ridiculous prices almost solely for Joseph's.

Just when I thought Friday couldn't improve because of the tasty waffles, I got to celebrate with Nolan and his colleagues, as he officially became a chief resident and entered his last year of residency. I love that they pass the chieftain hats (okay, maybe not quite PC) from chief to chief each year.


Returning to our table as a chief! Oh, the power. Haha.

I was, and am SO PROUD of him for many reasons. But it's nice to celebrate it publicly and loudly.

Nolan with his co-chief. They're going to run the town!


Saturday morning I got to catch up on sleep a little, and then picked up my friend Bridget and went up to Montebello Preserve for some mountain biking! We went to the top of Black Mountain again and enjoyed the view of the glorious Santa Cruz mountains on a lovely June morning. Oh and the biking was awesome, too. We tried to capture action shots of us bombing down the mountain, but most of them ended up being taken along relatively flat parts. You'll just have to take our word for it that it was amazing! And definitely not all gentle hill like in these pictures! Here's one of me:

And one of Bridget:

And another of me, a little closer. I was going fast, but I know it doesn't look like it here. Hmm.



Last night I continued my pain research study participation with Stanford. This time I only got burnt once (hah!) and spent the rest of the session in an MRI, laying still and doing cognitive testing. SUPER interesting! Here's my view of my super cool MRI outfit and nifty socks:

They knew how curious I was about the whole study, so they went ahead and printed out some pictures of my brain for me to take home. Proof I have a brain, after all. Nolan admired my pictures when he got home after work :)

And now I have lots of some shopping monies! Conclusion: research studies are awesome.

No comments: