Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This week has been more experimenting with food, more squeezing in small dates with Nolan, and more Indian food. This is one of our go-to weekend activities when Nolan's too drowsy to really do anything else (this means I stand a better chance of winning one of these days, though I realize it's still a long shot).

Favourite new side dish: Moroccan cauliflower rice! See recipe here :) I didn't have any apricots, but I did have delicious charred eggplant and lamb to go with it! Spicy, delicious, and healthy. Oh and easy to make. 

Among all the little things, I'm finding so many little (and big) reasons to be thankful. So, as we head into the holiday season (YAY!), let's reflect a bit:

1. I'm thankful for those little dates with Nolan, though he's been working such long hours. Even though I've been grouchy some days, and he's been tired, those times with him are cherished.
2. I'm thankful for the beautiful, chilly mornings and the warm drive to work. WHICH has gotten a bit longer since I've changed my BART station to Daly City...but my overall commute is a bit shorter, and now I can take any train I choose without having to wait for a specific one or time my coming or going to catch a certain train. Yay for less stress!
3. I'm thankful for less structure. Lately I've been trying to de-structurize my life a little. I've put so many little boxes and checklists around my days, that I end each day productively, but stressed. I'm thankful for the chance to relax a little more each day.
4. I'm thankful for my health. I overworked my back a bit during a workout last weekend, and it basically crippled my workouts for a few days. I'm thankful it was just sore muscles and not a chronic or more serious problem.
5. I'm thankful for good food - I've had a lot of it this week (can we say, 5 times having some sort of Indian?). Nothing satisfies like a full belly of tasty food!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: