Monday, October 28, 2013

Discoveries and the best costume ever.

This weekend, I got to test out a new product that I bought last week. You know those weird blisters I was getting on the bottoms of my feet from running? No more! This stuff is fantastic. It rolls right on without having to dry before use, stays put for at least 7.6 miles (the farthest I've tested it so far), and doesn't smell or linger on the skin. I think I've found my new favourite accessory!

Our Halloween costumes this year are different this year. No boxes, no frames or beards, no wigs. Just normal clothes that somehow work as Curious George and The Man in The Yellow Hat.
Why is this the best costume ever? Because I basically get to wear skinnies, a headband and a turtleneck (okay and there's a tail too) to host our party this week. That means I'll be warm, super-comfy, and have my hair out of my face. Excellent! Nolan gets to wear skinnies (hot!), a button-down and his fave Dansko black shoes (not pictured. hah. there's also the small matter of the hat, but it just kind of sits on top of his head so it's a non-issue).

 Today I used PayPal for the first time. My favourite lunch spot has been advertising this deal for awhile now - where you get $5 off lunch when you pay with PayPal (which means my lunch was $3 something). Not only that, but the remaining balance due goes onto the card I've set in PayPal as my default. Fantastic lunch for a killer price and paid for via mobile? Google wallet, you've got competition.


Over the weekend, we got to hang out with Nolan's parents and spend some quality time enjoying the lovely Fall weather! We went on a nice walk in Edgewood Park, ate delicious foods, watched The Walking Dead (I know - I never thought we'd like it!), watched the Oregon Ducks dominate their game again (mostly), and just generally enjoyed family time. Love those weekends!

No comments: