Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Candy Corn and Pedometers

Last week was our Halloween party for Nolan's colleagues. This year as last year, we also used it as an applicant social event...so we had a lot of planning and prepping to do in order to host 50+ people in our small place.

Party prep meant our mini-fridge got really cosy. That door just barely closed.
So many eggs! Deviled eggs are such a pain.


We also managed to cover every surface with cookies, cupcakes, and other snacks and goodies before we brought it all downstairs for devouring.
"Candy Corn" cookies (orange zest shortbread)
The party was awesome. It was crowded and noisy, and there were tiki torches, a photobooth, corn-hole and beer-pong and delicious treats. Somehow, I even managed to be in bed by 10 (I had to seriously tune out the music and laughter downstairs), and Nolan joined me around midnight. Not bad, since the last couple years involved hearing people still carrying on around 2am, and waking up to find people crashed on our living room floor. Whew.

Someone's been feeling pretty clever lately.
After I was done cleaning up the next day (hey, Nolan did ALL the setup, so it was only fair), I got this text from Nolan while I was out running errands. Apparently me throwing out the sweets that we never like to keep in the house was not welcome quite yet:


October 31 marked the end of Nolan and I's month-long step challenge. I won't bother saying who won, because the winner gets to choose dinner and a date of their choosing...so really, it's a win-win. So on Halloween, I wanted to remind Nolan that our challenge was ending. I got this text back:

Either I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have such a hilarious husband or I have a long road ahead of me :)

No comments: