Friday, October 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday/Friday

I think I'm starting a bad habit here and becoming okay with posting my Thankfulness on Fridays. It's a slippery slope until I forget to do it at all! So let this be the last time, if I can help it.

This week I got *this* close to overdosing on my favourite lunch. I ended up with just a little too much sauce and a few too many eggplant chips (blasphemy!) on my salad...so that you can barely tell it's a salad anymore! It was delicious, if not a little drowned. Mmm, tandoori chicken, chickpeas and cauliflower over spinach and drenched in sauce with eggplant scattered on top. Best lunch ever.

Wednesday I checked out happy hour with my friend Susan in Mountain View at a place I've been wanting to try - Xanh. Seriously tasty eats for fantastic happy hour price! And with that kind of weather, why wouldn't you sit outside and sip cocktails all night? You can't see it in the picture, but I had a gorgeous glass of prosecco with lychee floating in it. We only ate about half the food here (mine's on the left), and I had the rest of my salad and tofu wraps today for lunch. Yum!

I also got a random whim to redecorate our pillows this week. I had been looking for the burlap to start on something for our halloween party, and found this lovely pumpkin-coloured fabric. 15 minutes later, we have "new" pillows on our couch. Hah!


Nolan's back from Seattle, and one of my jobs was to unpack his suitcase while he's working a late shift, and repack for our weekend at the ranch. I found this little gem rolled up in there:
 I guess ACEP has hopped on the zombie fan train too. Fitting, since we watched our first episode of The Walking Dead last night. No comments, please! I had weird dreams last night and am still deciding if I can watch another episode/invest in that kind of creepy show.

 It's Friday night, we have a fun weekend ahead of us, and I'm going to try and fit in a quick yoga sesh before Nolan gets home and we sit in the car for a couple hours. So let's hop to it!

1. I'm thankful for yoga! I fit it in as often as possible, and haven't ever been anything but SO GLAD that I made time for it. Even if that means waking up at a terribly early hour to squeeze it in. 
2. I'm thankful for breakfast with Nolan. We go out to places a lot and are fortunate to have a lot of meals together, but breakfast is one that I really cherish. We get to start our day off together and just sit in the morning quiet and sip our coffee and enjoy the company. Nothing I like better than that, and I'm so thankful we get to make that happen relatively often.
3. I'm thankful that I have the option to work from home fairly often. Days like today when there is a BART strike make me realize that even more. Not only is working from home great for the benefit of solid, focused work time, but I can't imagine having to use PTO or take a day unpaid because some selfish folks in the union decide they want more money and that they're going to close down my commute to try and get it. Bah! Anyway: thankful, yes.
4. I'm thankful for my youth! Whether it's the ridiculous amounts of food I eat, or the awesome physical things I can make my body do, I'm thankful every day for the chance to really enjoy my youth and not let it pass me by. Today my WOD included some sprints, and just feeling how fast and hard I can push my body (relatively speaking here: I'm no Usain Bolt) makes me truly appreciate what we're capable of. So cool!
5. I'm thankful for family friendships. Whether it's siblings that are true and dear friends to whom you can tell anything, or parents that you can have such a loving, open relationship and friendship with - I recognize it's a true blessing, and a rare one.

What are you thankful for?


2 comments:

chels said...

I'm thankful for Gabe's new belly laughs, the light at the end of the tunnel that has been Tim's schooling, a church family that loves and cares for us and a God who rescues me daily from my sinfulness.

Mrs. Campbell said...

That lunch sounds amazing! You always have the most interesting food/meals.