Saturday, August 7, 2010

Buzzworthy

In keeping with my New Year's resolution, I did a lot of cooking today to make up for the not-so-stellar workweek. In my defense, Nolan's been working nightshifts and I usually have dinner plans with a friend, but okay I know that isn't an excuse.

So I experimented with a few things today, from blueberry cream cheese dip to tofu stir-fried in fresh ginger and garlic, to spicy (REALLY spicy!) sweet and sour thai noodles. So while Nolan was napping tonight (he sleeps until about 9pm), I thought I'd make something that would help him out at the hospital tonight and keep him awake. And I'm sorry that even with a real camera my picture-taking skills just really suck:

The mexi-mochas were made with a lot of spices and sugar and brewed strong coffee, with a dollop of home-made whipped cream and heath bits on top, and the coffee-nut muffins were made with (ready for this?) espresso powder, brewed strong coffee and coffee glaze on top. So we're sitting down and eating this at 9:30pm and I only just realized that this is a bad idea. Also Milo took a bite of my muffin. It's a shame my kitchen's already clean, because I can feel my pupils dilating and my hands shaking already. You'll find me at 3am frantically polishing my pans while Milo is sprinting around and doing freaky things in his corner. We is crazy.

ps - the GIANT mochas and the muffins were awesome, and it's made me think that maybe if I ever do open my own coffee shop, I'll name it "THE COFFEE SHOP" and sell only coffee products like giant mochas and coffee-muffins, and coffee-cookies and coffee beans, and don't you try and steal my idea now because I KNOW IT'S GOOD.

No comments: