Tuesday, August 24, 2010

can we still end sentences with "...NOT" or did that die with the 90s?

I guess blogging time = time the sun sinks low enough in the sky that it seeps through our windows and burns my retinas. At least there's sun at all!

And by that I mean it's been blistering hot here. It was supposedly 94 degrees in the city today (according to my iPhone's weather), and I buy it! Combined with how humid it was, I was feeling pretty smart about wearing (long) shorts to work today. Also since our building so conveniently decided that today would be a good day to save energy, and they shut off all the AC. THE ONE TIME I ACTUALLY NEEDED THE AC. I was sitting there dripping on my keyboard and praying the minutes would pass faster and I could escape to the icy cold Muni...which of course was crowded and therefore not icy cold (and smelled rank like your worst BO ever). And to think that I usually shake my fist at our unusually powerful AC in my office. Oh Fate, you are a cruel wench.

Even Milo was laying face-up on the bed again when I came home, and his feet were literally sticking up in the air and his head was back. Trying to spread out as much as possible to cool off, I guess. Unfortunately, I was too sweaty and nasty to want to move enough to get my camera. He also tried to jump closer to the window, which is swinging WIIIIIDE open these days, and he missed the ledge and was THIS close to jumping OUT of the window. Again. Fortunately, he panicked and jumped back onto the floor, where he landed in a pile of sockets and wires and just sat there, waiting to be electrocuted.

I love my life.

1 comment:

Noemma said...

Haaaahahaha. This reminds me of the day he escaped from our apartment window. lol.