Monday, November 8, 2010

Toms Moroccan TV

This weekend, ylehsa came to visit, and we spent a whole weekend laying about, drinking far too much coffee, and shopping around downtown. We also saw a fearsome creature we dubbed an incarnation of the chupacabra, but I'll write about that later once she scans her sketch of it. Crazed yellow eyes, I tell you!

While shopping, I finally picked up a pair of TOMS, which I've been ogling forever but haven't found in person, and was too nervous to order them online due to my tiny feet. So I slipped a pair on, and decided on these:

LOVE. Now I'm just trying to talk Nolan into a pair (albeit a more manly pattern).

Also, I think fate decided that while we're spending money, that it's high time our television broke. So...we saw the dreaded stripe and blue screen of death on our TV, and Nolan decided to immediately go buy one. Granted, it was going to be his graduation present, but what's 6 months early? So we decided on this one:

Which is a nice change from our very old one, that randomly spouted streams of numbers across the middle of the screen during movies. Sigh.

Milo also got some new things this weekend, like a new bed (because he, erm, had an accident in his old one), and a new carrier for long roadtrips. He is really well-behaved in the car, don't get me wrong. It's more that he gets motion-sickness. And he can't do anything about it. And no matter how I try, I can't aim that spew into a bag. So, we don't really want to sully our new car with that, or I'd possibly toss Milo out the car window while driving (just kidding, PETA!). Lo and behold, I took the cagey front off the carrier, loaded it with plush blankets and tossed some treats in there, and he's been totally ignoring his plush new bed in favour of napping in his carrier. Who knew. As long as he stays that way and doesn't brace his feet against the doors to avoid going in, our trip to Oregon for Thanksgiving is going to be smooth sailing!

No comments: