Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've been meaning to blog all week now, about how I heard a guy on the elevator telling his colleague that he went to a show called "Menopause" with his wife and that it took all of my energy not to turn around and say "duuuuuude". Also about exciting things like the iPhone 4S coming out, Steve Jobs passing away the same week (SOB), the grass seed I planted, the secret stuff I'm making for Christmas presents this year, blah blah blah. There have been a lot of fun things. But it's also been a busy week, with 2 bible studies starting on tuesdays and wednesdays, all of our talent review work coming to a head at work, reports due on top of that since it's month-end (or was), and trying to keep up with stuff at home. I can't wait for next week, when I'll have a better grip on things. So you can imagine how grateful I was when I got home today and Nolan swooped me up and asked me mid-tango how I'd like to change into my pajamas, pop in a movie and order Thai. Hallelujah. It looked a lot less glamourous than it felt:




But it was totally awesome.

Last Friday, we had a Diabetes Walk to raise money for the fight against Diabetes, and our entire building participated. Or at least, said they would. Here are the few and the proud from floor 22. I don't know what happened, but it's like only the young short ones from our group actually showed up. Also I KNOW the picture is upside-down. It's rightside-up on my computer, just not on this blog. I don't know what to tell you.

I also managed to get a picture of my car when I was at Target last weekend, because when I came out of the store I almost walked to the wrong vehicle. Can you spot the difference (besides the spoiler) on these cars? Please ignore how ridiculously dusty my car is - I washed it after I saw this! I'll give you a hint: one belongs to us and the other belongs to the enemy.

Can't guess it? I don't blame you - the picture is really not clear enough to see. But! I can tell you that while my car flies the flag of the Oregon Ducks, the other has a sticker and a license frame supporting the OSU Beavers. John, I thought you'd appreciate that I noticed!

This weekend we're heading up the mountain again for a little weekend getaway and some visiting. Our friends Eric and Erin (read: the other doctor/liberal arts match-up at Stanford) are meeting us up there on Saturday for some exploring in the area! There will most likely be caramel apples and winetasting and hot-tubbing.

Speaking of the weekend:

1. I'm thankful for a couple days to sleep in! I've been exhausted lately and I think it's because I've been sleeping terrible, which I THINK is because Nolan's been sleeping terribly.
2. I'm thankful that I've been productive through my tiredness and have gotten through a lot of my deadlines this week.
3. I'm thankful for STILL meeting new friends! It's so fun and encouraging that I feel like I'm overflowing!
4. I'm thankful Nolan's had nights free this week and we've gotten to hang out a lot. I missed him.
5. I'm thankful iPhone 4S has been released and I'm free to upgrade! Though I might opt for the 4 -- ylehsa pointed out that why would I spend the extra money to upgrade when the 4S isn't that spectacular in comparison to the 4? Might as well save the chunk of change for the iPhone 5. My only regret is Siri...
6. I'm thankful for pretty fall weather! I've stepped out of my car each evening when I get home, and I can smell wet pavement, apple spice, and wood fires. I adore Fall.


I was going to have a quote of the week here, but I thought I'd show you a snippet of our daily lives instead, because sometimes it's equally entertaining/boring/youtellme.

A: " So remind me why you keep putting eggshells in the disposal?"
N: "Well...that's where they go!"
A: "No, they go in the garbage. Tiny, soft foodscraps that fleck off of plates go in the disposal. Maybe you're thinking of egg PARTICLES."
N: "No, I always put them in there!"
A: "And I always dig them out! Trust me, when it's disposal vs. eggshells, the eggshells always win."
N: "....fine...."



A: "Hey look, a gold dollar coin! Thanks, Dairy Queen!"
N: "Oh yeah? Whose picture is on it?"
A: "Hmm...Millard Fillmore. I forgot about that guy."
N: "Hah! Shut up! No really, who is on the coin?"
A: "I was being serious! Millard Fillmore! Our 13th president!"
N: "We never had a president with a ridiculous name like that!"

That whole conversation reminded me of when I got an IM from Mason in college that just said, "Anneliese! Did you know there is a book in the bible called Nahum?! I just found it!"

Also I noticed today a few pictures had been posted from my gramma's 90th birthday party, so I'll post a couple below:



Seriously, this woman does not look 90.
The most decent picture I could find of my aunt and uncle who were visiting.
Me, my brother Rory, and his girlfriend Summer. At the kids table. Where my dad ate with us too.



Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My VERTIGO just did a MAJOR comeback thanks to you Anneliese. I don't think having to stand on my head to look at a picture is a good idea. :)