Monday, October 10, 2011

Wein

This weekend, we went up to the ranch to visit los padres, and our friends the Ladds came to visit on Saturday! It was their first time actually exploring California outside of the Bay Area, so we thought: winemaking/tasting and cows and apple hill? Done. Except now that I think about it you can probably do a lot of those things in Missouri too. They just wouldn't be as cool there.

But it was a super fun weekend, and my parents were SO gracious to let us crash their house and eat their food and drink their wine. We basically all invited ourselves over and they said SURE!

So, some pictures:

And here they thought California would be so different from Missouri. Surprise!
Nolan gettin' some lovin' from one of his bovine friends.Pressing grapes to make wine!



Our haul of grapes! The master put us to work!


Lesson learned: don't wear a dress to pick grapes in.


The only other thing that's really been exciting for me since Friday was the twisted satisfaction of reading my email from Netflix this morning, recanting their decision to split dvd's off into "Qwikster". It was something delicious, akin to the feeling I get when I say, "I told you so!". Business strategy fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh! Is that a dress??? I thought it was a shirt... LOL