Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I have this nasty looking front lawn. Mostly because Muffin digs holes in it, buries his acorns, and then digs them up later. It's all dry and pot-holed. So I thought I'd buy a little grass seed to fill in the gaps, and make it a little softer and prettier. Turns out my mom's advice of planting the seed around the time of the first rain was correct. The stuff took off and now my lawn has nature's version of a wonky 5 o'clock shadow.


Yes, that's a tiny pumpkin stake in my lawn. Nolan said he'd pay me a dollar each to take them out and throw them away, but they only cost me $1 each, so I'd rather eat the 3 dollars and have pumpkin stakes.

Time for some thankfulness, eh?

1. I'm thankful for a relaxed schedule this week. I've had very few plans, and it's been wonderful to catch up on things like CostCo runs and cleaning.
2. I'm thankful for technology. It allows me to communicate with my husband when neither of us are home to talk in person, and it allows me to spend an hour catching up with my little brother in Israel.
3. I'm thankful for the little things. Like the delicious roasted hazelnuts on my salad and a nice warm bed to curl up in when I'm sick and my weird green grass that's thriving and reminding me that even the driest seeds can sprout when they're watered enough,
4. I'm thankful for fun memories. Nolan and I were looking at some photobooth pictures we took a few months ago (I need to eventually scan them in and post them on here), and the sheer joy and fun you can see in those pictures. I laugh every single time I see them.
5. I'm thankful for my wonderful family, and how it never ceases to amaze me. I had a conversation this week with a relative that just delighted me, because it was so surprising.

On that note, enjoy your weekends! Take your vitamin C so you don't end up like me :(

1 comment:

Ashley Young said...

you paid a WHOLE DOLLAR for that stake??! take nolan's offer while it still stands and buy me a coffee. <3