Monday, October 31, 2011

Oktoberfestivus

I guess I'd better back up a ways, since it's been a little while since my last post, and I've been shamefully busy since then. We've done a lot of things, like tailgating and cheering on stanford at a football game:


We were really just 2 more Stanford fans in a sea of crimson at the homecoming game...

AND we had excellent seats, even though we got separated from our friends.


Some of whom were seated in the Washington section. I got the below picture with a text that said "I am sitting literally this close to the Washington band". Hahaha!






And then I went to a pumpkin carving birthday party, in which we made some FANTASTIC pumpkins and sipped cider while we carved.



And I explored our neighbourhood some more, and discovered that almost every house gets radically into Halloween. Here's one example, and this is minus the giant inflatable spider and cat that were lurking on the sides and moving around.




Then I went to the first Halloween party solo....which inspired my black widow costume ;)





And right here, you can insert a whole bunch of pictures that I haven't uploaded yet from last night's party at our house, which was awesome and also TONS OF WORK. I'll post those later, after I sort through the hundreds of jello shots in my fridge and tear down streamers and lights and return tables. For now, this is what I look like RIGHT this second, because this is about as festive as I'm allowed to get at my job:








To make up for it, I brought some leftovers from our party the night before, and am SO happy to say that they're almost all gone. Phew. Like I needed more sugar.







More pictures to come eventually, and I'm long overdue for a thankful post!

No comments: