Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Thankful

Biggest news in ages:
Nolan and I are the proud aunt and uncle of Tyrus John Sicheneder, born 8:15am on June 21. As this is our first nephew (we have no nieces either :( ), it's pretty exciting! And so far I've seen all of 3 measly pictures of him (hint, hint to my in-laws). Looks to me like he has a lot of Caldwell in those features!

It pretty much makes everything else seem lame. So that is going to be my big thankful post for this week, since I'm so glad he's here, and happy and healthy.

Since I got to work from home today (thank goodness for a wonderful extra hour of sleep + no money spent on a commute), I spent my lunch making delicious treats. One was a snack for this afternoon (since I NEED my snacks every 3 hours!), and the other is dessert that I'm bringing to a friend's tonight. And probably sampling with Nolan before then. The snack was chia seed porridge with berries and nuts, and it was SO good! Nolan turned up his nose at first, but then wanted some of his own, and was sad when I said it takes 40 minutes before you can eat it. As a compromise, I'm making the overnight version for our breakfast tomorrow. I can't believe 1/2 cup soy milk + 1 1/2 tbsp of seed can be so filling! I only made a half recipe and it was plenty for one, trust me.

The dessert is from a book my mother-in-law sent me (thanks, Anna!). Coconut muffins! Pretty much eggs, coconut flour, honey (we were out of maple syrup), shredded unsweetened coconut, coconut oil, baking powder and sea salt. I just took them out of the oven, but they smell AMAZING and the batter tasted like coconut macaroons. Swoon!
Perhaps not the healthiest thing for you ever, but it's Friday night, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pictures are NOW posted on fb!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on becoming an aunt. look forward to catching up soon! ~ Ash U