Wednesday, June 13, 2012

two sides of the same coin


Since our house is eating low-carb these days, we've been experimenting with fun new ways to eat delicious things. One of our new favourites is crepes. I promised Nolan I would find a way to make him Sunday morning crepes, and I have to report that it was a brilliant success! I mean, looking at these ones below, would you guess that the only ingredients were ricotta, 2 eggs, and a pinch of splenda and cinnamon? 


Especially after Nolan practically made his into a blintz with berries (minus points for added carbs). So delicious and so easy!


 On the flip side, I made these sweet cupcakes (with Nolan's help) for my coworker's baby shower on Wednesday. Homemade double-chocolate, strawberry filling, with a delicious strawberry-cream cheese frosting...yum!
 Definitely not healthy. At all. And I've had 3 since baking them on Monday.


Last week we also went to a wine-tasting party, complete with a master sommelier from Napa, who guided our blind-tasting. We submitted my dad's '08 Cabernet to the blind-tasting, and are proud to say it was the favourite! No big surprise to us, of course, but validation from a large party and from a professional is always nice :)


Currently reading: Cutting for Stone. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it. Then again, when was the last time I didn't really love what I was reading? I'm reading The Hangman's Daughter next and am curious to see if it lives up to its great reviews. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey, I just finished The Hangman's Daughter, it was good! A little bit of a mystery!