Monday, June 4, 2012

Farming

Last week, I hit up the Farmer's Market in San Carlos with 2 friends. my intent was just to get zucchini, but I ended up with a few other items I just couldn't resist. I mean, you KNOW I clean out the rhubarb at Lucky's when I go, so I had to stock up at the market. And blueberries? We burn through fresh blueberries, so that was a must. The eggs just looked delightful, and I can never say no to thin-stemmed asparagus (yum!). The cheese in the middle? That was unintentional. We stopped at his booth to taste each of his cheeses, which were all amazing. The one we all really loved was the only one that was sold out...except for one block of it in his cooler. So he chopped it into 3 and sold it to us each for a lower price :) I've been nibbling at it all week.

Yesterday I put the zucchini to good use, and even had to pick up more at the store. I found a low carb (no flour, no sugar, no oil!) recipe for zucchini bread that was delicious, and I also found a recipe for the most incredible zucchini lasagna. Zucchini and spicy homemade tomato sauce layered with light sausage and mozzarella...so tasty!

Looks like I'm going to have to write San Carlos into my Thursday night activities going forward - so many good things come out of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd love to see the Z bread recipe! Will you share? <3