Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday

One good thing about blogs: they remind you what you've been up to. In my case, reading my recent post reminded me that I have a wedge of farmer's market cheese still waiting in my fridge. Glory!

I'm so excited for a weekend without plans (mostly), and that Nolan has Saturday and MOST of Sunday free! Yippee! The last two weekends he's had one day off, and we've spent it getting food, laying around, and playing bocce ball. Last weekend (or two weekends ago? I can't even remember) we spend his day off doing work/chores, working out together, lunch, playing bocce ball, then seeing the Avengers and getting food at Fresh Choice afterwards. I know, we're super classy - but we love that place! Where else can you get freshly baked garlic pieces to put on your salad? Since discovering a fantastic place to play bocce ball, we've been playing quite a lot. And the last time I DOMINATED. The games are always pretty close, but he was so confident about winning last time, that he bet 1 minute of massage for every point difference between winner and loser. And so I beat him by 12 points. Hah! The local community college, which I'm pretty sure is fancier than the University we went to, has a ginormous astroturf field and an unlocked gate 24/7. So the balls roll totally smooth, there's never mud, and it makes for glorious games.

Anyway, all that to say I'm looking forward to winning more massage time this weekend. Speaking of which:

1. I'm thankful it's the weekend and I get more time with Nolan! No amount is ever enough.
2. I'm thankful for a fulfilling week of work. Feeling productive and good.
3. I'm thankful summer's here, and even though I don't have any extra free time, all my teacher friends do! Makes it easier to hang out.
4. I'm thankful for our new oven. I've been cooking again every day, and it's so great to not have to work around having to bake something.
5. I'm thankful for sleep. I've never been a nap person (since I was little!), but very recently I started honing my nap-taking skills. Even just an hour after I get home before I head out to meet up with friends. It's a good thing.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: