Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday, we had breakfast catered to our meeting from La Boulange, and I had not one, but two servings of quiche. That would be odd enough, but today I was royally craving it again, so I got a mini quiche and greens for lunch and it was so.good. Can you believe it? Egg? It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

Today I sent a text to Nolan that said, among other things:
"ps-my mom named her feral kitten Hagrid"

To back up a bit, my mom told me last week that she discovered a litter of feral cats (1 mom, 3 kittens) living by the house. The mom and 2 kittens were caught and taken to animal shelter, but I think my mom's resolution (and my dad's) must have wavered on seeing the third, because I've been informed that it's a part of the family now. I may laugh at a feral kitten named Hagrid moving in, but Milo was also a feral kitten once (found abandoned on someone's property), and look where that's got us. Plus, Hagrid is kind of a winning name.

Speaking of winning:

1. I'm thankful I get to work from home tomorrow, and sleep maybe until 6:30 instead of 5:30. I have my first real doctor's appt since who knows when tomorrow (just a checkup). I told Nolan that it's been so long that I feel like an old car going in for an oil change after too many miles. He rolled his eyes, partly because he isn't sure what getting a simple check-up is going to solve. He might be right.
2. I'm thankful Milo's okay. He is apparently sensitive to some meds I put on his neck, and was acting weird for about 10 hours, including excessive cuddling (don't laugh - it's weird!) and excessive drooling. He's fine now, despite losing a lot of the hair in that spot...I hope it grows back or I'm going to make him wear his vampire cape 24/7!
3. I'm thankful for our air conditioner, even if it only cools our bedroom. Our house has been SO HOT (almost 90 indoors) and I am just grateful our bedroom is cool enough to sleep in.
4. I'm thankful for my body. So many people out there have really serious issues and limitations, and though I may have less than perfect joints, I'm constantly amazed at what I can physically do. It's something I hope I never take for granted - good health.
5. I'm thankful for breakfast. You may snigger, but breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. It's the most relaxing, since I generally eat my quinoa and blueberries or my kashi while watching squirrels and birds out my window at 6am. Plus coffee goes with breakfast, and coffee is great. I'm already seriously looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning - I could skip right over dinner!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: