Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Take 2

Best discovery last week?
A healthy, delicious and oh-so-easy recipe for chocolate pecan pie from (who else?) Chocolate Covered Katie. I ran out of pecans for the top, so I just sprinkled on what I had left...but there were TONS whipped into the filling, along with my favourite, TOFU! So tasty. I made two tiny ones (see above in my cute little ramekins!) and we devoured them while watching The Dark Knight Rises. Bliss!

Speaking of great things, you know how sad I was last week about my bike being stolen? I was also SO SAD that it meant the loss of an activity Nolan and I like doing together. Yesterday I was scouring Craigslist, hoping to see my bike for sale by the thief, and clicked on a link that I was pretty sure might be it (!)...and found this instead:
Notice anything interesting about this picture? It's in my garage! Yep, I found that bike, it was a smokin' deal, and so cute! Plus exactly what I need in a bike. So...an unplanned replacement, but perfect! Cannot wait to test this baby on the trails! And in the meantime...she'll be locked up in the garage :)


In other news...
Congratulations to our re-elected President Obama! Looking forward to what great things you'll do in the next 4 years as our leader!

No comments: