Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week has been great. Long, but great. It's weird how some weeks fly by and then others are like...every single minute just drags by. But! I've had fun stuff to work on all week - challenging things. And I've been able to maintain my workout schedule (barely!) this week, even in the last and most time-consuming phase of this program which just started. I'm spending generally 2 hours a day (2.5 on Thursdays - those are hardest to make work) working out during this phase, and LOVING it...but it does take a lot of time. And I'm always hungry! Hah. It also makes me look forward to weekends more though - only an hour each day on Sat and Sun, and much easier workouts at that. As much as I enjoy it, I can't imagine how bodybuilders or Olympic athletes do it and spend several hours a day working out - it really must be a full-time job. I've definitely noticed changes in my body, and other than the bigger legs (what's up with that!), I'm loving seeing lines and definition where I didn't before. The best part of this whole thing? The energy. Excepting when it's bedtime or when I'm severely lacking sleep, I have a TON of energy. It's fantastic. Looking for a great workout plan? There's a reason P90X is so popular - and you don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time like I do; it's only because I'm doing the doubles plan (and using Insanity for some of my cardio times). Classic is very reasonable. Check it out!

Okay. Tired of me talking about working out? Sorry. I just really like it. Maybe I need to pick up another hobby. Because I'm sure you want to read me droning on about how amazing knitting cat sweaters is. Ahem.

1. I'm thankful for family, and the chances we have to see them. It always feels like we don't get to see them enough, but I know many people see their families way less than we do.
2. I'm thankful for a short week next week and a staycation! We're going to have Thanksgiving dinner with one of the Stanford faculty, so we nixed our orphan dinner plans...which leaves me free of meal planning, and gives me lots of time to work on Christmas gifts! Score.
3. I'm thankful for quality time with Nolan. I've realized recently that although we've been seeing each other a lot, I often am a bad listener or we just end up vegging on the couch and eating dessert. It's easy to forget how much I need to ask questions and listen - and how much joy it brings me to do that! So I'm grateful for that realization and for having those opportunities.
4. I'm thankful for tomorrow - I'm going to wake up a little later, enjoy breakfast with Nolan, then start work at the usual time with no commute! Working from home is great (if a little boring) just for allowing me to take my mornings slower and catch a little extra sleep.
5. I'm thankful for music! Not only is it beautiful and moving to listen to, but it's one of my spiritual pathways too. It's amazing how much calmer I feel during my commute after having either classical or k-love on for a few minutes.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: